Have you ever before heard the phrase: “If you raise it, they will come”? Well, that’s not always the case. To build your online marketing machine, you need to think about driving traffic to your website. Unfortunately, it’s not enough to build a website and wait for visitors to come, so it’s time to develop a strategy that answers the question:
“How do we get found online?”
Uncover New Sales and Profits Online
If you learn nothing more about online marketing than the following, you’ll be well equipped to implement your strategy, or at least talk to a digital marketing agency about it.
Here is the online revenue and profit formula you need to learn, understand and apply to your business.
Being found online (traffic) + converting visitors into leads + converting leads into sales = online profits.
Let’s start breaking down the first part of the formula.
The first step of any effective online marketing campaign is to drive traffic to your website. Let’s define traffic in different ways:
- New visitors
- Potential buyers
- Spammers, advertisers, competitors, and even bots (yes, they show up too).
The first four people mentioned are “real people” who have visited a search engine because they need to solve the trouble, typed in a search query and are looking for an answer or solution, found your company on search engines (or social media), and clicked on a link to get to your website.
How to Get Found by Customers Online (The Tactics)
There are several strategies for getting found or driving new visitors to your website when someone has searched online. The main ways to attract visitors to your website are:
- Organic traffic from search engines (SEO, local SEO, Google Maps, etc.).
- Paid Search Traffic Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Organic social media sites marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on).
- Organic and paid traffic on social networks (Facebook Ads, etc.)
How to Drive Organic Traffic to Your Website (by “Ranking” Your Website on Google)
- Search for keywords that relate to your target groups.
- Choose keywords that have less competition to achieve a better ranking.
- Create top-quality, relevant content that provides value to visitors.
- Write headlines and titles in a manner that entices potential visitors to click through to your page.
- Usage internal links to guide site visitors to various other parts of your website that may interest them.
- Build external backlinks from reputable sources to show search engines that your website is a trusted source.
Factors That Could Affect Your Google Ranking
- Backlinks from high-quality websites
- Page loading speed
- Poor site architecture
- Adaptability to mobile devices
- Obtaining your internet site blacklisted by major internet search engines due to poor SEO practices
- Mail or web server problems
- Domain age and authority
- DNS problems
Finding Your Customers Earlier in the Funnel Through Blogging and Content Marketing
One way to make your website easier to find for your target audience is to focus on ranking for long-tail keywords in your blog and Content Marketing. Long-tail keywords collectively account for 50% of Internet traffic, while short-tail keywords account for the other half. Long-tail keywords are longer than short-tail keywords and usually contain three or more words, making them helpful in targeting much more specific demographics than long-tail keywords. They also have much less competition than short-tail keywords, which tend to be dominated by large, established websites.
You can use long-tail keywords that someone would search for when thinking about the type of services or products your company offers. This way, you can attract visitors who are in the early stages of the buying process, and you can keep your business top-of-mind during this process. You can use long-tail keywords in all the content you submit to target better the type of visitor you want. You can include the text in the HTML tags that your potential customers see before clicking on a link.
Content Marketing Tactics For Increasing Traffic To Your Website
Always create content for the Buyer Persona.
Optimize this content around a pain point, a concern, a topic, or a question that the Buyer Persona may have or be interested in.
Create content that targets potential customers at different stages of the buyer’s journey.
Always go beyond the content that already exists on a particular topic to make your post stronger and give it a better chance of ranking well.
Don’t write for search engines, and write for people. However, you can sprinkle “semantic” keywords into the post or use Google’s Suggest feature to discover what people might search for. Include the main keyword in the title, URL, first paragraph, and at least one article’s subtitle.
Don’t wait for SEO to work:
- Advertise, advertise, advertise.
- Post on social media.
- Use existing contacts in the industry to create backlinks to your content.
How to Increase Web Visitors Fast Through Paid Advertising
Pay-per-click marketing is an Internet marketing approach that uses paid advertisements on major search engines. You only pay when a visitor clicks on an ad, which allows you to fine-tune your campaign based on your set benchmarks. Because PPC campaigns also include a wealth of metrics, you can also measure your project’s performance to figure out the very best use of your advertising spending plan.
A PPC campaign is ideal for businesses that need to get noticed quickly, such as when launching or promoting a new product. PPC can drive traffic to a website almost immediately and can be optimized later once you have data on the effectiveness of your efforts. In this respect, PPC is superior to search engine optimization (SEO), which takes much longer to work and is challenging to track with the same granularity; on the other hand, ranking your website organically with SEO does not carry the exact ongoing costs. However, PPC and SEO complement each other and are essential components of a successful internet marketing strategy.
Successful PPC Camapign Consist Of…
- Research your target audience to determine their location, relationship to your business, and expectations when searching for your products.
- The keywords your buyer personas are most likely to use to find your business.
- Several themes can guide your keyword selection and content creation.
- A unique selling proposition (USP) for each product or topic in your campaign.
- Several variations of 100-character ads for every USP communicate the strengths of certain services or products you provide.
- A touchdown web page for site visitors who click on your relevant ads, easy to use and optimized for conversion.
- A budget that can change based on your current needs and the success of your ads in attracting new visitors.
- Infinite improvement by using the wide range of metrics available to measure the effectiveness of your ads.
Social Media Marketing And Facebook
Social network marketing is a kind of paid advertising that uses social media platforms to reach potential customers directly. Platforms like Facebook and Twitter collect vast amounts of data about their users, including their social networks, locations, spending habits, peak times, and sometimes even off-site browsing habits. In this way, ads can be tailored to specific buyer personas with an incredible degree of granularity. social media marketing is thus becoming an essential part of current and future marketing campaigns.
Using social media To Drive Traffic To Your Website
- Concentrate on the social media platforms that are most likely to be used by your target group.
- Create a Facebook page for your business to inform you about new products, special offers, or changes in your business.
- Engage with your users by conducting polls, questionnaires, or surveys.
- Connect with influencers who can promote your business or product to their followers.
- Research your target demographic and choose ads tailored to specific characteristics such as age, shopping preferences, location, or browsing habits.
- A/B test your paid ads to see which versions work best for a specific audience.
- Set a daily budget for your ad spend to maximize the value of every dollar you spend.
- Constantly update your website with new information and adapt your ads to the changing preferences of your target audience.
- Remember that people don’t come to social media to spend money; focus on building relationships with your social media platforms.
Enjoy the post? Visit WP Maintenance Service